5 Things We Need to Leave in 2016
Let's face it 2016 was a horrible no good year #GOODBYE2016. It had few redeeming qualities and there are few people I know who are sad that it's gone. That being said, there are a few things that we need to leave in 2016 either because they're stupid, pointless or a combination of the two.
1. Die Heartedness: Most Jamaicans follow a certain political party for whatever reason, that's fine. Stand for what you believe in I say but when you blindly follow and oppose just for opposing's sake, you end up looking like an ass and full of....well, what asses are full of.
2. The Snapchat dog filter: Snapchat has such funny filters and geotags but why for the love of technology are y'all so in love with the dog filter? Try something new, you and that filter starting to look like one person. What if you go missing? How we gonna find you?
3. Those "dances": if someone can explain why setting fire, throwing a cinder block or EVEN A GODDAMN Cat on/to your vagina is now a thing I will happily take this one out. Also Marvin the Beast or whatever your name is, bruh you need a hobby. I hear swimming is pretty cool right now and it's rather relaxing, you should try it out or to get rid of that aggression Boxing is quite the sport right now. Contender Series live!
4. Plastic Rice: Please go back to China. I don't know why anyone would even think to make that. Points for creativity but really? Plastic rice? Worse no trust the Made in China tag now. Team Food we say, at least our farmers will sell more yam and thing now so thank you?
5. Digicel/FLOW: Unfortunately we stuck with both of you and Caricel is.... well it's a patty shop at the moment. But oh how I wish I could leave both of unnu. Digicel's weird billing systems is pure frustration and their customer service needs a new script. FLOW's service still sour like LIME and that’s when it actually works; most times you don’t have service to call customer service and when you do, the representative’s accent is so thick, I just say yes to whatever is asked and hope everything works itself out.
These are my five things that I wish to see left in 2016. What are yours? Share them in the comments below!